1. Make apple ciderMaking homemade apple cider isn’t as hard as you think it would be. Here is a great easy recipe for you to try. Let me know how it turns out for you.
2. Paint Pumpkins
Here are a few examples of my favorite ideas for themes
3. Create a Halloween costume
It doesn’t just save some money but it’s also a fun and creative activity to do with the kids.
4. Go Canoeing
Foote Brothers in Ipswich is a great place to rent canoes and it’s not expensive. The Fall is a great time of year to take a canoe ride along the Ipswich River and admire the foliage. I did a review of Foote Brothers earlier this year you can read it here.
5. Have a picnic
Stroll down to a local park and have a picnic under your favorite tree.
6. Bake a pumpkin pieHere’s a yummy recipe that I have recently made at home. Check it out here
7. Watch a football gameHere is the NFL schedule(2014) take a look at when your team plays.
8. Visit SalemWe take for granted that we live so close to Salem, but it really is a great place to visit in October for some Halloween fun. I made a post of my top 5 things you have to do in Salem In October
9. Make a scarecrow family
Here’s a video that will teach you how to make your own homemade scarecrow
10. Outdoor fire with roasted marshmallows and hot chocolate.
Warm and cozy…..a perfect Fall evening.
11. Jump in a pile of leaves
Pile them up and let the kids jump in!
12. Go for a walk in the woods
Lynn woods is a great local place to take a hike, here is a map so you don’t get lost, its bigger than you think (Lynn woods not the map lol)
13. Make candy apples
Nothing says Fall or reminds me of going to a fair like a candy apple.. here’s a recipe for how to do it at home.
14. Breathe in cool crisp air
Take a break and just enjoy the cool crisp air…
15. Watch a not so scary Halloween movie
So many Halloween movies that you can choose from. Here are my top 3 you should check this year…
16. Play a Game of Tag Football
Get out in the crisp fall air, grab a ball and just play a good ole fashion game of tag football with the whole family.
17. Visit a fair
There are a ton of fairs to choose from around New England but my favorite has to be the King Richards Fair
18. Donate food to a local pantry
The best feeling in the world is helping other people in need. Donating to a local pantry can really make a difference.
19. Gaze at the stars
Take a minute and just look up at the stars. On a clear night this can be amazing. Top places to gaze at the stars around the world
20. Give Thanks
Always good to be thankful this time of year. Take a minute and just give thanks for what you have. You will be amazed at how just being grateful will change your life.
Click on the link below for a downloadable version of this list for free